Pet Mice Forum banner

R.I.P Tess<3

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Fantasia Mousery 
#1 ·
Tessy&#8230;

I never thought that I could grow so attached to something so small in such a short amount of time. That night I found you all hunched up and skinny, I knew something was wrong. I knew that it would be a difficult journey, but I prayed that you would come out of it. For the 5 weeks that you were with us, you and Maisy together gave us so many laughs. The way you were always running in the wheel, how Maisy was so headstrong that she would try and take over but you would always climb back on. Watching you and your sister play together was just beautiful&#8230; you were and still are both perfect little beings. You are a beautiful girl, Tess, with your long fur and li'l random white patches. Everyone said what a cute face you had, and even the vet fell in love with you! I remember the first time I held you&#8230; It was amazing. I'd never held something so small before. There you were, in the palm of my hand, a tiny, perfect being. I fell in love with both of you that day. Even though your time with us was cut short, I don't regret a single moment that I got to spend with you. We grew closer this past week, because you were too weak and for the first time you curled up in my hand, ready to rest. I didn't want to put you down - ever. I wanted to keep you safe from the horrible illness that was slowly over-taking you. I wanted to keep you warm in hope that you were just a bit chilly and all it would take was to warm you up. But I knew deep down that as each day passed, you were slipping away. You've been going into so many trances lately, I can't imagine how scared you must have been. But I was there with you every step of the way - for the most part. And there'll always be a part of me with you, Tess. You're at the little Rainbow Bridge now, with all the other little angels. You'll always be my precious little angel. It was the most difficult thing I've had to do, watching you jump as your last seizure took you over. I knew it was happening, I couldn't stop it. But you died with me, Tess, and I'm never going to let your memory die. You may not be here in body, but you'll always be here in spirit - and in everyone's hearts.

Sleep well my angel,

Love mummy. xxx

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.