Pet Mice Forum banner

Mishap

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Cheshire Gleam 
#1 ·
Just wanted to share this because I thought it was funny and also a lesson learned, more of a breeding non-plan. Two of my mice got out the same night, Desert and Devil and of course they happen to be a doe and buck. I caught Devil several nights ago and found Desert this afternoon. To my surprise, she came with a sperm plug accompanying her! She's two months old though I'd have preferred to breed her at three months with her sisters and for her to be bred by a different mouse. To say the least, her and the buck both have new cages! I'll update again in a couple weeks if she carries them through.

#3 ·
I was surprised to find it, too. One of my other does had it a full twenty four hours before it came out and I've read that it can last between one and two days. I'm not sure all what to expect, my mice came from a pet store but brindle has been pretty common so far and maybe some long-haired. My last litter produced two long-haired, one of which is the hopefully pregnant doe. The buck who bred her is her brother and might carry it too. He's just a simple PEW while I don't know what she is. There's some pictures of her in another thread if you're interested, I'm going to try and use a camera to upload some better ones though. Wish me luck on that. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.