Pet Mice Forum banner

tiny escapee

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Amtma Mousery 
#1 ·
One of my 3 week old does has decided to go awol. Unfortunatly the corner of the mesh in the tank curled up slightly leaving 8mm-9mm gap, which she must have melted through. Has been missing for nearly 24hr hours and ive had no success in finding her :(. left some nest boxes with bedding and food out, but will be getting a live trap or 2 tomorrow. Worried that she couldve got downstairs or outside by now

#9 ·
I have weekly escapees. If you are busy and really do not feel like searching, do following:

Get a container with one mouse of the opposite gender from the escapee in it.

Put that container in the same room that previously housed your escaped mouse. Then put a pillow up against that container.

Put bedding, food, a wheel, and a bowl with water (NOT A WATER HOLDER) in the container with the mouse (this mouse should be the opposite gender of the escapee)

Now, just put a bowl of water in your house to make sure your escaped mouse does not die of dehydration. Only put a small piece of food out ever 2 days. (1 dog kibble, 3 sunflower seeds)

I guarantee your lost mouse will be in that container snuggling with his/her new beloved within a week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.