Pet Mice Forum banner

Siamese x Siamese Bluepoint - FM Nov. 30th litter

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Rachel 
#1 ·
One of my pretty SBP does, Eva, gave birth to no less than 17 babies. Two days later I culled the 4 smallest babies (they were all quite small, though). 5 of them I added to the fat twins' nest, hoping it would work out even though there's almost 2 weeks difference between them. It worked out great. The 8 remaining babies I left with their own mum. I wanted to keep as many as possible until I could be 100% sure about colours and sex, partly because I only wanted SSP from this litter, partly because they were so small and I really needed some females. Today I did another sorting, and I ended up keeping 1 SSP buck, 1 SBP Satin buck, 1 SBP doe and 4 SSP does - the two SBPs are moving to the original breeder of this line once they're old enough. They're all with their own mum now.

Pic 1 is all 17 newborns, pic 2 is the 5 foster babies 8 days old, pic 3 is the 8 with Eva also 8 days old, pic 4 & 5 are the 7 keepers 10 days old (today). And yes, the satin buck is smaller than the others, but I'm hoping he'll catch up.

See less See more
#8 ·
Juliekeensnapper said:
I love these pictures, the babies are lovely, it was interesting to see the changes in them over a short space of time. I haven't bred any mice yet but hopefully I will be soon.
Thank you :) yes, it's always fun to see them grow, and certain varieties are particularly interesting to follow. In many lines of Siamese and other pointed varieties, the points don't start showing until 5-6 weeks old, so I thought it was pretty neat to see points on these before they were even 4 weeks old. But another of my favourites are piebalds, because they show marking when they are just a few days old. Anyway, good luck when you start breeding!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.