Pet Mice Forum banner

Superfetation

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Amtma Mousery 
#1 ·
I think my doe might have an extra litter on the way? But I must say, after years of researching fancy mice, their genetics, their behavior, the Lee-Boot effect, their uterine horns, sexing pinkies, culling methods, etc. I've never heard of this. :oops: I feel awful. I removed her from the buck after 15 days together. Maybe she's just put on weight, I am spoiling her because she's nursing, but... I think despite the hormonal changes, she might have gone back into estrus while pregnant.

#5 ·
I once had a Roan doe that was constantly pregnant until she eventually died of exhaustion. Kind of a sad story, but I am positive she did not have contact with any bucks. Regardless, she would become mysteriously pregnant and have litters back to back. She died on her forth litter.

Fantasia Mousery is correct that most does do put on weight while nursing.In addition, it could not hurt to boost your doe by providing extra protein and fat in her diet.

Best of luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.