It is currently Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Female mouse missing hair
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:31 am 

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
I adopted two mice on 4/8/18 one is quite a bit smaller than the other and is missing some hair on it’s back (Daisy) . I first though mites or something but the brown mouse (Thistle) has absolutely no symptoms. Then tonight I saw the Thistle ‘grooming’ Daisy. How do I resolve this? (The girl I got them from said she got them from petsmart 3 months ago at the same time. Idk if that helps)

Sorry for the blurry pictures they never stop moving lol
ImageImage

Advertisement

Post subject: Re: Female mouse missing hair
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:05 am 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

I'd still treat for mites just in case, Daisy could be showing symptoms sooner than Thistle. Diluted pour on Ivermectin or slathering the mouse (except the head) in olive oil both work great, coupled with cleaning their environment. Otherwise, you could try separating the pair for a few weeks and reintroduce them if Thistle is babering, hopefully it'll stop then. If neither of these help, Daisy might have an allergy to her food or bedding. Also, their names are so cute! :love1 Did you have any inspiration when deciding on them?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:32 am 

Cheshire Gleam wrote:
I'd still treat for mites just in case, Daisy could be showing symptoms sooner than Thistle. Diluted pour on Ivermectin or slathering the mouse (except the head) in olive oil both work great, coupled with cleaning their environment. Otherwise, you could try separating the pair for a few weeks and reintroduce them if Thistle is babering, hopefully it'll stop then. If neither of these help, Daisy might have an allergy to her food or bedding. Also, their names are so cute! :love1 Did you have any inspiration when deciding on them?

I’ll definitely try your suggestions! Thank you so much! Their names were Pocket and Thistle when I adopted them. I instantly loved the name Thistle but wanted to rename Pocket to something that was more cutesy to match the mouse it belonged to:)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:13 am 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

That's really cute! Thought they might have been from Warrior Cats. :lol: Hope things get sorted out for you and your mice!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]