It is currently Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wodent Wheel
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:45 am 
First Post
First Post

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
So besides the saucer, I would like a wheel. I am using a wire mesh right now, but even the tiny holes are causing me some concern. I bought a comfort wheel and found the small is too small and the large is too large. I don't want the silent spinners just because I haven't found any that seem all that safe, they all seem to have the two pieces made of cheap plastic that do not quite fit right.

Wodent wheels were a suggested option, but my mice like to get on and off the wheel together, run together, etc. The moving holes seem like they would be just another cause for concern if one tries to get on or off while it is already moving, or if they decide to poke a head out while it is still moving (sometimes my mice like to run closer to the edge and peer around).

Has anyone experienced any issues with multiple mice and this type of wheel? The mesh almost seems like my best bet just because while they are running together no one can get flung off, they just hold on until they can get off. Generally I can find answers to my questions by doing research, but all I can find about wodent wheels is how they can be dangerous to hedgehogs and gliders, not so much info about mice. Particularly multiple mice that like to do everything together.

Advertisement

Post subject: Re: Wodent Wheel
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The wodent wheels I've seen have been a softer plastic that I wouldn't trust mice not to destroy immediately. I use metal mesh wheels in the two tanks that get wheels at all. So long as it fits in your enclosure, there is no "too big" for wheels!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]