Pet Mice Forum banner

Mouse Mania Sim - online mouse game

12K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  raisin 
#1 ·
This may or may not be your cup of tea, but as you are all mouse fanciers here, I figured it would be a good place to post it. Note that whilst accounts currently cost a small fee (to cover any hosting or other costs), once it's fully developed it will be open to the public for free, so if you are interested but don't want to pay, remember it wont always cost. I will add updates on here as we go, including mouse art, etc. I will also be linking back to this forum once my co-developer gets online, as I'm finding this an extremely useful resource and both am appreciative of being allowed to post this, and fully believe it deserves credit for the help that it' giving me.

Mouse Mania Sim is an in development sim game brought to you by myself and my co-devloper, Anktian that is based around the world of breeding fancy mice for exhibition. We focus on very realistic genetics where careful planning will play a major role in how well mice will perform.

Along with our unique showing system, some of our other features will include::
  • A realistic genetics system for colors and markings[/*]
  • A unique visual distinction between pet and show standard animals[/*]
  • Three different types of stats to shoot for through careful breeding, care, and training.[/*]
  • The ability to mix your own custom feed for different bonuses (or use pre-made feed)[/*]
  • A care system where the quality of the environment of your mouse is actively reflected[/*]
  • And much more![/*]

We are aiming to allow pre-testers to access the site in approximately 2 weeks. You can view our site index for more information on pre-testing by clicking(right here), and scrolling to the bottom.

Alpha date TBA.

Mouse Mania Sim prides itself in being 100% accessible to non-visual users.

Preview of the standard mouse art. Markings in particular are subject to re-vamps. I just whipped that up as an example. =)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, though we are keeping some of the features under wraps until we're further on in development.

-Kitei

See less See more
#9 ·
Thought I'd give a little update:

We've set a tentative date for pre-testing to start as the 23rd of this month. It's a little further away than we initially planned, but we want to ensure that the social frame is as bug free and completed as possible before people log in. We've also been going trough the coding, and Anktian has done some work to minimize the load time and make it more efficient, which should help a lot as we go on. By the 23rd, we hope to have the forums, chat room and messaging fully in place (which has been started).

I've been doing a lot of planning for genetics. Still not quite finished (I didn't know there were quite so many involved with mice!), but certainly getting there. Will probably run them by you guys on here before Anktian starts the coding for all the colours, to check my notes are correct.

I'll be posting more updates as relevant things are added or completed, but for the most part our work this week has been in advanced planning and back-end programming.

#10 ·
Just another quick update on this:

I spent all night sitting up and staring at script, but I've finally got our live chat feature up and functioning (through mild testing it appears to be bug free). I'll be hitting the messaging/pming system next before moving back into the forums and finishing up there. Once these social networking features are completed, I'll be moving into actual game play.

[ edit ]
And oh my goodness, I spy a Gibbly! That's a name I recognize. ;)

#13 ·
We sent out codes to our pre-alpha supporters last night. Our social framework is now up and kicking. We've got a live chat, private messaging, and message boards for our members to utilize. We'll be beginning on actual game play this week. :)

We would also like to thank everyone who purchased an account. Without these donations, we would be unable to pay for hosting fees. We really appreciate the support. <3

#19 ·
Unfortunately our programmer lost her net before Christmas and is struggling to find a provider that covers her area, which is causing substantial delays to the development of our games. We still fully intend on releasing them, but I can give no estimation currently of when this will be.

On a side note, my partner has offered his help in programming the games, so some development is still on-going, though MM is currently not the priority site. Artwork is still being worked on behind the scenes.

I do apologize for the delays; I'm as eager as some of you to have MM up and running. I can assure you that once Casey has found a company, we will begin development again in earnest. :)

If people would like to see some of the artwork, I'm quite happy to pop a couple of things up here. Most of it has been re-done. ^^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.