Pet Mice Forum banner

Shipping?

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Laigaie 
#1 ·
Do any of you ship your mice? How do you do it? Do you need special permission from the post or something? What kind of container would you put them in? I need to get some mice halfway across the country and I have no clue how to do it!

#3 ·
I am possibly getting some mice flown down from Newcastle to Hobart soon. Cost is $ 120.00.
Have to pick up from Airport. They will be travelling for about7 hours. Newcastle NSW to Sydney Airport then flight to HobartTasmania (2 hour flight).
They hav :eek: :!: e to be placed in airline apprved container. But the person I am buying them from knows all about it and has a Mousery.
Just thought you may be interested as you were talking bout shipping thats all.

#6 ·
Here in the US, shipping isn't terribly uncommon, seems like there are boxes going back and forth across the country several times a year. Runs folks between 100-200 USD, depending on what all costs are associated (do you already have the crate? do you pay your shipper's gas? etc).

#7 ·
I'm in the US and while I have not shipped mice, I did receive a shipment of rabbits. I assume the regulations would be fairly similar for all small animals. The rabbits had to be in an airline approved travel cage which includes a solid top and must be leak-proof. The rabbits were bedded with hay which they could also munch on through their flight.

We also had to get veterinary certification stating that the rabbits were healthy and approved for flight, the certificates were only good I *think* 15 days. We had to go through major airports which meant quite a lot more driving for all involved. The vet certificates are fairly inexpensive - I have heard $20-$50 but often that covers all the rabbits being shipped, ours were free because the girl we purchased from was a vet tech.

The cost of the flight I want to say was $180, but it's been so long ago I don't remember the exact cost. Several breeders got together to buy rabbits and we split the shipping cost which I recommend if you can. My part was only $50 to cover flight and purchasing the carrying cage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.